Student Travel Grants
We are happy to announce that SIGMM will fund participation grants for a number of students.
The travel grant is meant to support personal attendance of a student at ACM MMSys 2017. Students selected for the grant will be paid $500 -- $1000 USD for support of their travel expenses depending on geographical areas, diversity, topics, and paper quality. Students will have to make their own arrangements for travel and accommodation.
- Students being the authors of an accepted paper in the conference or workshops will be given preference in the selection process.
- Students without papers accepted for publication, but involved in research closely related to the topics of ACM MMSys'17 will be considered.
- Female and minority students' applications are especially encouraged.
- Each accepted paper at ACM MMSys 2017 or its colocated workshops must be covered by at least one author's registration. Only covered papers will be included in the conference proceedings. The student travel grant does NOT waive this requirement.
- Recipients of this grant WILL be required to assistant the local organizers in the preparation, logisitics, and various supporting tasks of the conference.
Application deadline: April 28st 2017. Students are encouraged to have the applications sent as soon as possible. Applications arriving after the deadline will not be considered. The notification date is May 5th, 2017. Please include the following materials (in the PDF format) in an application with the following information:
- The student's full name and email address;
- The full name, email address, and signature of a faculty member at the student's host institution (preferably from academic/dissertation advisors);
- The name and nationality of the institution;
- The student's academic status and expected year of graduation;
- Whether the student is a (co-)author of a paper that was accepted for MMSys'17 or co-located workshops or if the student contributes to any other part of the conference;
- If the student is a (co-)author, the paper title, author list, the student's contribution to the paper, and whether the student will present the paper;
- The reason for applying for the grant, including the expected benefits that the students will have from attending the conference, research significance, the funding status of the student, and the budget of the student travel;
- A brief statement by the student about his or her current research interests and research accomplishments to date, or a link to his/her CV.
- A one-page abstract written in English by the student, summarizing a broad view of his/her research work with motivation, problem description, approach, and progress.
Please combine the application documents into a single PDF file in the order outlined above. Email the document to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment.