It is our pleasure to welcome you to the ACM Multimedia Systems Conference (MMSys 2017), held from June 20-23, 2017 in Taipei, Taiwan.
We are happy to announce that this year, four renowned workshops will be co-located with ACM Multimedia Systems 2017 (MMSys’17): NOSSDAV, MoVid, MMVE, and NetGames. This is the first in MMSys history to have FOUR co-located workshops. We believe this arrangement will certainly make the general multimedia systems community more tightly coupled and also ease the travel overhead of its members.
We believe that MMSys and its co-located workshops will stimulate fruitful scientific discussions and, together with social activities around Taipei city and other cities in Taiwan. Taiwan is well known for the overwhelming friendliness of its people and the diversity in its food – We hope this will provide everyone a unique experience to Southeast Asia and great memories.
HIGHLIGHTS THIS YEAR
* 6 Keynote speeches
- Prof. Henry Fuchs, Federico Gil Professor, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Dr. Julien Lai, Director of the Applied DL team of NVIDIA APAC Region
- Prof. Dah Ming Chiu, Research Professor of Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Prof. Bo Li, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Prof. Polly Huang, Professor at National Taiwan University
- Dr. Shun-Yun Hu, Co-Founder of Imonology Inc.
* 5 Overview talks
- Prof. Ragnhild Eg, Westerdals Oslo School of Arts in Norway
- Prof. Chung-Ta King, National Tsing Hua University
- Prof. Ketan Mayer-Patel, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Prof. Geraldine Morin, University of Toulouse in France
- Prof. Niall Murray, Athlone Institute of Technology in Ireland
* 6 Industrial talks
- Dr. Shannon Chen, Research Scientist of Facebook 360 Media Team
- Dr. Sega Cheng, Co-founder & CEO of LIVEhouse.in
- Dr. Sam Ding, CEO of VMFive
- Dr. Drake Guan, Technical Director of KKStream Limited
- Mr. Wesley Kuo, Founder of i@solution & Ubitus
- Mr. Raymond Pao, VP of HTC VIVE VR New Technology
* 4 co-located workshops
* 73 peer-reviewed publications presented at the conference
* 10 inspiring demo booths
* Sponsored awards (Tesla M40 and VIVE) by NVIDIA and HTC
* Affordable registration price (~ $340 EURO for ACM/IEEE members)
We hope to see you at Taipei in June, 2017!
General Chair, MMSys 2017